Lino picked out the fabrics, and I put it all together!
I was really pleased with how they turned out. I did a taggie blanket, 2 bibs, 2 burp cloths and a larger blanket. Flannel and fleece, nice and cuddly for a new baby! The embroidery on the burp cloths is one that came with my machine. The name on the bibs, blanket and taggie is a font called "Boys r Gross". It stitches out so nicely, I love being able to use it.
The burp cloths are a solid green flannel with a flannel print. I edged them with some binding tape. I used to make them plain, but I think they look nicer this way. (I also got lucky, I cut the fabric before I embroidered the name...it just fit! whew)
The bibs have the flannel print on one side and the yellow side is fleece. I am getting better with zig zag stitches...I have tried using just a straight stitch, but I have trouble keeping it even, and making certain that I am not missing spots on the binding.
I needed a way to tie the green theme into the taggie and the blanket. So, I cut some of the pictures out of the print and stitched them (using zig zag) around the name. The taggie has topstitching to give it a finished look, and the blanket has an overcast stitch, so it has a raw edge feel, but it looks nice (I think).
Unfortunately, I took these pictures at night, so the lighting is not the best.