I haven't blogged in a bit. Lots going on...blah...so here is my Facebook 25 Random things list....
1. I knew the very day I met Lino that we were meant to be together. He is my soul mate, and I am better becase of him.
2. I moved out of my parents house when I was 18. As a result, my dad and I did not speak for the next 10 years. I don't regret moving out, but I do regret the hurt feelings that happened.
3. I worked in retail for 12 years (management for 6) and liked it (mostly)
4. I used to be able to do the Rubiks Cube. I won a contest in elemenatary school, and even taught the gym teacher how to solve it.
5. I am left handed. I do lots of things the right handed way, though.
6. I love to sing, and sing often, just not very well.
7. I would love to learn how to play the guitar.
8. I peeled an orange for the very first time last month (I am almost 38)
9. I was not raised with a religion, and am fascinated by how people can 'believe' so whole heartedly in something. I think that is great.
10. I would like to try yogurt, it is healthy, but am afraid too.
11. I have met Joan Baez.
12. I have an amazing ability to fall UP stairs, and really hurt myself.
13. Despite #12, I have never (knock wood) broken a bone.
14. I am completely amazed by my children, and they make me laugh every day. I am blessed.
15. I love to laugh. I was pretty good at being able to make my mom laugh, too.
16. When I get a new magazine, I usually flip through it from back to front.
17. Math was never my thing, yet I find/make number patterns and such all the time.
18. I love to be barefoot, and normally am all the time (except this winter, I have been forced to wear socks...)
19. When I wear socks, the right one always twists around and it drives me insane!!
20. I love to sew. I have a never ending list of projects that I want to do.
21. My mom passed away 3 months after Lino and I got married. She was admitted to the hospital the day after the wedding and diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer. I miss her every day, and wish that my kids had known her. I do, however, like to believe that she is watching over them.
22. I am really good at stressing and worrying. I am trying really hard to stress less.
23. I don't normally remember dreams.
24. I got caught up in the whole 'beanie babies' craze. I managed a store that sold them, that is how it started-got totally sucked in. Thankfully, I was able to stop, and now they make great prizes for the kids....
25. I had a really hard time coming up with a list that wasn't completely about the kids....
Monday, February 9, 2009
Maggie, Cassie and Lino had a super time at the Father-Daughter Dance. (Nate was excited for the girls, but also didn't want them to go) Lino said the food was good and the girls actually ate. I had called the caterer to check if it would be safe for Cassie, and it was, except for the desserts. Additionally, one of the PTO board members gave Lino the labels that the caterer brought with him. It is so nice to know that other people get it, and help to look out for Cassie's safety.
Lino said that the dance floor was just filled with screaming girls. He said it was funny, how loud and rambunctious they all were. At one point the DJ told the girls to go get their dads for a dance and Lino said that all the girls went running for their dads. How sweet. Maggie and Cassie were extremely excited by the souvenier they received, a crystal rose. They are already talking about next years' dance.
They came home about a half hour early, Cassie wasn't feeling well and Maggie was getting tired. Maggie came down with a double ear infection last Sunday and is on the mend. We had been nearly 6 years without any ear infections, I think that is pretty good. I just feel bad for her, she doesn't like the ear drops, and the drops are making it hard for her to hear us.
Cassie was running a very high fever Friday night into Saturday, and woke up with a sore throat. I took her to the pediatrician and he said it wasn't strep throat. (phew) She spent the weekend just resting. I asked if there were special rates for being in the office 3 times in a week (Maggie on Monday, Nate on Thursday and then Cass on Saturday....). There aren't. The doctor thinks that they will build up a germ immunity by 2nd grade. Fabulous.