Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stuff

Three weeks or so until Christmas. Lots to do. We still have to do some sort of Christmas card picture. Then, order and send cards. I would love to do Holiday Mail for Heroes. So I need to get some boxes of cards for that.

Family jammies. I have the fabric and shirts, now I just need to make them. Maybe by this weekend those will be done.

Set up the Christmas tree. In order to do that I have to take control of the chaos that seems to always control the house. Hopefully I can get the upstairs 'tree ready' by the end of the week, so we can assemble and decorate the tree Friday/Saturday.

Making Christmas gifties...I am thinking of doing those canvas tote bags. But what to embroider on them? I like the recycle earth design, but will the recipients? Would a monogram be better? the last name initial? Or some fun phrase, like: go green; reduce reuse recycle; big green bag (the canvas I have is natural and black) .....

I also want to make some stuffed bears to donate to an area shelter for victims of sexual assault. But, that can't be first on my sewing list, that will be if I have extra time...

There is just a bunch going on, my mind is always racing, and it gets me down...so trying to put on a cheerful face, too.

i miss my mom and my aunt......

1 comment:

Leia H said...

I think monograms would be great on the bag, but it would depend on the person for a saying or the earth/green symbol. Those are great gift ideas!!

You have lots to do and I keep avoiding my list....hopefully I'll be inspired to get my booty in gear!