Sunday, July 5, 2009

Engaged!!

Eleven years ago today ,Lino and I were in Disney World (Again. It is our favorite place to go). We went for a bike ride through some resorts and stopped for a rest in the rose garden at Magnolia Terrace, Dixie Landings. It was there that he asked me to marry him. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

For those that don't know the story, that is where Maggie's name comes from. It was when we went back to Disney World for our honeymoon, we stayed at Magnolia Terrace. We had found out my mom was so sick and I had said that if we ever had a girl, I wanted to use my mom's name as a middle name. So then, because of our love of Disney World, we started talking about 'Disney' names. Minnie was out (my cat's name). Dixie was just a bit too southern for us. That left Magnolia. It worked. Magnolia Ann, Maggie for short. As it turned out, we had 2 girls so we have our Magnolia and we picked Cassandra Jeanne as the other name. Cassandra after the lillies at the hotel and Jeanne after me.


I feel so blessed to be able to share my life with my best friend and soul mate. I knew the very first day that I met Lino (nearly 20 years ago) that he was my 'meant to be'. I immediately felt comfortable and safe with him, as though I had known him my whole life.

2 comments:

Lori said...

I didn't know her name was Magnolia! Cute!

Lanny said...

We honeymooned at Disney too. :)
Love the story of the girls names.