Monday, October 22, 2007

Jammies

After our fun adventure in Target on Saturday, we went to Joann's. I love the fabric store. (I love it even more when Lino is with me to watch the kids, or when I can go by myself!!) The purpose of our trip was to pick out fabric for Christmas jammies. Maggie spotted some she liked, and tried to describe it. We wandered around the holiday fabric section for 10 minutes before Lino spotted it. Sparkly, sheer striped fabric; not quite jammies!

So, we looked at some more, and then found a good one that we all like! We wound up getting the whole bolt (8 yards and a few inches)




I also found some super cute bear fabric for a project!






Now I just have to cut and sew it all to gether for our family Christmas jammies. The fabric is just for pants, we will have white tshirts that I will paint? or somehow decorate Similar to last years for the kids:



Those were from fabric I had in my stash. I had enough to make pants for the girls and the top and pants for Nate. Green background with white snowmen heads. I was able to paint the snowmen heads on the girls' shirts. They picked the scarf colors. Green for Maggie and pink (surprise!) for Cassie.

4 comments:

Lori said...

oh my gosh, those are the CUTEST jammies! Wanna make some for me? :) And I love the fabric you picked out this year!

Leia H said...

Very cute fabric! I love last year's jammies! And I love that you have that tradition! My MIL told me tonight that she would teach me the basics of sewing...I didn't know she knew more than how to sew on a button! I am thrilled!!!!! You have to keep us updated on the pj process - I LOVE seeing photos of your projects! You are so inspiring!

Melissa said...

How adorable! It's funny-I just made a Steelers quilt for Gus while I was at my grandma's and then made some pajama pants for Ethan out of the extra fabric! My plan is to find some cute flannel to make pj's for the boys for Christmas, too! I got to sew quite a bit on vacation, and now I have so many projects in my head that I want to do!!

Jeannie said...

Thanks!I do enjoy sewing!