Friday, November 2, 2007

Gifties in Progress

An action shot of my Embroidery Machine. I am the very lucky owner of a Brother Innovis 4000D. It really is an amazing machine. I can use designs that are built in, download designs from the internet to a memory stick or use a design card. I am able to edit the pictures on the screen, press 3 buttons and sit back and watch. (One of those buttons automatically threads the needle!! Fabulous!) It is a sewing and embroidery machine, although I have yet to use it to just sew. I am a bit intimidated by it, and I love my first sewing machine, so I have been using both. That works out nicely sometimes, I can be sewing while embroidering.


The piece with the E directly in front of the machine: a mistake. It stitched out beautifully. Unfortunately, when I was cutting out all of the pieces, I somehow managed to cut 3 of my larger sections just a smidge short. And there isn't anyway to save it. I gave myself a headache trying to figure out the math. Luckily, I have more denim and am now calling that E a 'test stitch'.

I wound up switching the colors on the E. With the exception of the Cootie Bug, those piles of fabric will all become cute gifties for Christmas.
I have washed the jammie fabric. I was completely amazed at how long 8 yards of fabric really is, when I was trying to get it into the washing machine. It doesn't seem so long when it is folded nicely. I always prewash my fabrics in case they are going to shrink. I would hate to make an outfit for the girls and have it shrink after it is done.
The next part of the jammies is tracing out my patterns. That is usually fun, because I always have 'helpers'. Hopefully Nate will take a great nap today, and I can trace away.
(for some reason, I am having paragraph spacing issues right now, sorry....)


2 comments:

Leia H said...

Your machine sounds really cool - thank you for describing it, because I have no idea how such a think works. I love that you can sew on one while the other does your work for you! ;)

Jeannie said...

Leia, it is so cool, and very fun to watch it embroider!