Wednesday, November 21, 2007

T-shirts and cookies

Argh. The shirts for the family jammies are not going as smoothly as I would have liked. I am frustrated by it, too. I searched for a design, found a cute one we liked, spent a bunch of time getting it set up in the machine. Struggled with hooping a small t-shirt on the biggest hoop. Lino was able to get that done.


Great. Start stitching. It is looking super cute, yay! The design gets to the outline part, and oh no, it is somehow shifted! Boo! There were some puckers, too, but I figured that I could work that out with one of the bigger shirts, as they would be easier to hoop. Try Lino's shirt the next morning....argh! The outline goes wonky on that one too! Got some advice from the sewing boards I visit, and make a trip to Joann's to stock up on stabilizer. Try again, using the messed up shirt. Still no luck. Try yet again. It came out ok. I could live with it, but, I have to try and get it to come out ok on 5 shirts. So, now I am trying to think of an alternatative. I wanted these to be done already....

Cookies. Thanksgiving is tomorrow. We are going to Lino's parents house for the meal. His mom is a great cook. We will go to my dads for dessert time.

In the past I have made cheesecakes to bring, and cannolis. This year I just don't have the energy to do cheesecake. (I put a lot of pressure on myself to get a 'perfect' one, without any cracks...) So, I am going to whip up some meringue cookies, using my aunt's recipe. These were my absolute favorite cookies when I was little. My mom never made them so I only got to have them at Thanksgiving and Christmas. (keep fingers crossed that these turn out nice and puffy!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!




2 comments:

Leia H said...

Happy Thanksgiving Jeannie! I'll think fluffy thoughts for you! ;)

Insomiknitac said...

happy thanksgiving!!!
good luck with your cookies!! hope its not humid